USANA BiOmega™ – USANA’s high-quality fish oil supplement, virtually free of contaminants, which are eliminated through a double-molecular distillation process that ensures the highest possible purity.
High-quality, ultra-pure fish oil supplement
You can get 10% off if you register as an USANA preferred customer and another 10% off if you place a recurring order.
The USANA Difference
Omega-3 fatty acids play an important part in many body systems that contribute to optimal health. BiOmega™ offers a convenient way to get these valuable nutrients when you’re not consuming enough fish. Plus, this unique formula includes an extra dose of vitamin D and lemon oil to eliminate fishy aftertastes.
USANA BiOmega™ supplement difference:
- Each capsule delivers 100 IU of vitamin D
- Formulated with lemon oil to eliminate the fishy aftertaste associated with most fish oil supplement
- Pharmaceutical Quality
- Supports sound cardiovascular, immune, and joint health
- Provides advanced and guaranteed levels of EPA and DHA—two long-chain omega-3 fatty acids important for memory and learning
- Critical for promoting healthy pregnancies and healthy babies
- Plays a role in many important cellular processes critical to the body’s heatlhy functioning
No nutritional program is complete without a high-quality source of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids. USANA® BiOmega™ fish oil supplement contains a balanced, concentrated source of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids including EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) in a convenient capsule format.
Omega-3 fatty acids support cardiovascular health, proper brain, neural, and visual development, as well as maintenance of bone, joint, immune, and cellular health*.
– EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are required for optimal health*.
– Because our bodies are inefficient in making EPA and DHA it is recommended to get these omega-3 fatty acids through the diet or nutritional supplementation.
– Dietary sources of EPA and DHA include fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines, and anchovies. However, most individuals only obtain 30-100 mg of EPA/DHA daily falling far below the recommended amounts of between 250 mg to 2 grams EPA/DHA per day.
-Adequate intakes of omega-3 fatty acids including EPA and DHA have been found to support healthy joints, brain development, cell membrane integrity, skin and eye health, cardiovascular function, child development, and a healthy immune system.*
- USANA’s BiOmega is produced from cold water, deep-sea fish oil from a fishery that uses sustainable practices and renewable resources. BiOmega includes more potent dosages of DHA and EPA than many competitors in a highly bioavailable form and fortified with vitamin D.
- BiOmega is purified to be virtually free of contaminants and flavored with lemon oil to minimize the fishy aftertaste.
- Each serving (2 capsules) of BiOmega has 1200 mg total of omega-3 fatty acids. Of which 580 mg are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and 470 mg are docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
- USANA’s BiOmega supplement is a fish oil supplement that contains a balanced, concentrated source of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids including EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) in a convenient capsule form. USANA’s BiOmega Jr. is a fish oil supplement that delivers appropriate amounts of the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and vitamin D, in a delectable, sugar-free, flavored gel format that is friendly for kids or adults who have a hard time swallowing capsules.
- Research has clearly shown that essential fatty acids are important for developing babies, and many women don’t get enough from diet alone. During pregnancy, omega-3 fatty acids, particularly DHA, support brain, eye, and nerve development, especially during the last trimester.*
- BiOmega™ is purified using high vacuum molecular distillation. (We actually distil the product twice to ensure a maximum level of purity.)Molecular distillation removes impurities (heavy metals, dioxides, etc.), saturated fats, and other undesirable organic compounds, leaving only the key beneficial components of the fish oil. Molecular distillation is gentle with exceptionally low heat residence time and is performed in a vacuum to further reduce heat requirement. Additionally, the BiOmega is a whole-body oil (not a liver oil) made from wild caught anchovies and sardines – small fish with short lifespans which are naturally much lower in contaminants than larger fish (such as salmon, tuna, etc.)
- All of USANA’s products, including BiOmega, are completely free of trans-fatty acids.
- BiOmega does not contain vitamin A. Unless added by the manufacturer, only fish oil supplements specifically made from fish liver (such as cod liver oil) will contain vitamin A.
The Science of BiOmega
Fats are an essential part of our diet. However, we should limit unhealthy fat intake and encourage consumption of healthy fats. Saturated fats found in meat, milk, and cheese help to promote the formation of artery-clogging fatty deposits. The trans-fatty acids (found in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils) are even more harmful to our health. Monounsaturated fats found in vegetable oils do not promote arterial fat deposits and polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as the omega-3 fatty acids, are the most beneficial to overall health.
Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids play many roles in our bodies. They are the biosynthetic precursors of a family of compounds called eicosanoids (prostaglandins, thromboxanes, and leukotrienes). These compounds are hormone-like substances that control many naturally occurring health processes in our bodies.
It is important to maintain an appropriate balance of omega-3 and omega-6 either from the diet or nutritional supplement, as these two classes of fatty acids work together to promote health.* Yet despite the clear health benefits associated with omega-3 fatty acids, dietary surveys indicate that most of us do not obtain enough omega-3 fatty acids from our diets.
In 2002, the American Heart Association issued new guidance on fish and fish oil consumption because results of large-scale epidemiological studies and randomized controlled studies showed that omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil support cardiovascular health. For example, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) help maintain healthy high-density lipoprotein and triglyceride levels in plasma, which are important for supporting healthy arterial function and blood flow. Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. One serving of BiOmega provides 1050mg of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids. [See nutrition information for total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol content].*
Omega-3 fatty acids support brain development and structural integrity, impacting biochemical efficiency in the brain and neural development. It is important that women of childbearing age who are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding get proper nutrition including consuming adequate amounts of DHA and EPA to support the growth and development of their child. DHA is one of the dominant fats in the nerve cells of fetal and infant brains and plays a role in the healthy development of the visual system. Neural phospholipid membranes selectively concentrate DHA in photoreceptors and some cell-signaling sites, while the retina selectively incorporates EPA to support eye fluidity.*
In addition to those listed above, EPA and DHA are also important components for overall health in young children, adolescents, and adults. Studies have also shown fish oil supplements to be effective in supporting healthy joints, articular cartilage, aid in joint comfort, and supporting bone health. Many studies also indicate that taking omega-3 dietary supplements help support the body’s normal, healthy inflammatory response in response to exercise and everyday activities.*
Your cells have a phospholipid bilayer that acts as a selective barrier—keeping things out or letting them in. Key components of that bilayer, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids play a significant role in maintaining our good health at the most basic level. Sufficient levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids can help maintain skin’s barrier function to keep it looking healthy.*
In addition, combining fish oil intake with regular exercise is more supportive than exercise alone for helping to maintain a healthy weight and supporting metabolic health.*
The Benefits of BiOmega™
Many experts believe a 1:1 ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 is ideal, as they work together to promote health.*
However, as mentioned above, average diets contain significantly more omega-6 fatty acids. Eating fatty fish can be one way to increase your omega-3 intake. However, it is recommended to consume at least two, six-ounce pieces of fatty fish every single week (104 pieces a year) to meet expert recommendations!
In spite of clear benefits of including fish in the diet, health authorities have warned us to limit our intake of certain species of fish due to concerns about potential contaminants, especially during pregnancy. This is where USANA’s BiOmega™ comes in.
Supplementing with BiOmega is an effective way to increase omega-3 levels to help maintain a proper balance and support health without the fear of contamination that can come from eating whole fish.*
USANA’s BiOmega™ is produced from cold water, deep-sea fish oil that comes from a fishery that uses sustainable practices and renewable resources. BiOmega is purified to be virtually free of contaminants and flavored with lemon oil to minimize the fishy aftertaste.
Vitamin D has been shown to have many health benefits and is necessary to support normal bone mineralization and growth, maintenance of muscle strength and coordination, cardiovascular health, and robust and balanced immune function.*
One serving of BiOmega provides a total of 2000 mg fish oil concentrate, 1200mg of total omega-3s including 1050 mg of EPA and DHA, 200 IU of vitamin D, 4 mg of mixed natural tocopherols, and is free of trans-fatty acids.
The USANA Difference
BiOmega™ is a whole-body oil (not a liver oil) made from anchovies and sardines – small fish with short lifespans, which are naturally much lower in contaminants than larger fish species such as salmon and tuna. In fact, the raw material (pre-refining) oils used in BiOmega are already lower in PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) than established guidelines for finished products. It is then purified using repeated high vacuum molecular distillation, and the finished product is tested again for heavy metals and other contaminants.
BiOmega is purified using repeated high vacuum molecular distillation. This distillation process removes undesirable impurities leaving only the key beneficial components of the fish oil. Because of this molecular distillation process, BiOmega is purified to be virtually free of contaminants and free of trans-fatty acids.