Tips before you take Valium
Valium is the brand name to diazepam, which is a benzodiazepine or a kind of medicine that is used to sedate and calm. It is used for treating short-term anxiety and other kind of seizure disorders. Diazepam works by augmenting effects of the GABA which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter.
Few Upsides of Valium
- It might be used to get relief from short-term anxiety, to also relieve the symptoms that are associated with withdrawal of alcohol, and to alleviate muscle spasm.
- It can even be used to treat prolonged seizures related to conjunction with different medications used for anti-seizure.
Few Downsides of Valium
If a person is between 18 years and 60 years, you shouldn’t take any other medicine or have no medical situation, side effects that you are much possible to experience such as:
- Drowsiness, weakness of muscle and unsteadiness while standing; all these contribute to enhanced risk of falls.
- It might even cause confusion, headache, depression, disturbances of gastrointestinal, low blood pressure as well as blurred vision.
- It may also lead to Amnesia or loss of memory, particularly short-term. It is much likely to happen at high level of dosages and also has been well associated with the antisocial behaviour.
- It might impair the skills of reaction and also affect the ability of person to drive and to operate machinery. You must avoid consumption of alcohol as it can improve the sedative effect.
- It also leads to physical and Emotional dependence. Impending for abuse.
- It leads to withdrawal symptoms such as convulsions, cramps, tremor, vomiting, insomnia and sweating that may happen with abrupt and discontinuation after the comprehensive therapy; taper off much slowly under the supervision of expert doctor.
Notes: Kids, seniors and people having specific medical conditions like liver disorder and kidney disorder, heart disease, seizures and diabetes or the people who usually take other kind of medications are at high risk of developing an extensive array of side effects.
Valium should be used sporadically to relieve high level of anxiety and few other situations; though, it is much addictive and leads to sever withdrawal symptoms.
- You should avoid operating machinery, vehicle driving and performing the tasks requiring mental alertness when you are taking the medicine.
- The grapefruit products or its juice may enhance the Valium blood levels; avoid the simultaneous use.
- Vigilance while going from lying and sitting down for the standing position.
- You should also avoid alcohol when consuming this medicine.
- Least effective dose must be used, and should not decrease and increase the dose without the advice of your doctor.
- Possibly, when given as the split doses, having a highest dose just prior to the bedtime.
- The Withdrawal symptoms may also happen if Valium gets stopped unexpectedly after being used for long-term. It should be slowly discontinue as per the advice of doctor.
- Paradoxical reactions such as anxiety, over-excitation, insomnia, hallucinations and fury are reported; look for medical advice.