Natural supplements for pain relief
Well, no one likes pain and can do anything to stop the pain. In some cases natural supplements can help too. But you should be sure about what exactly the problem is. The best idea is to consult your doctor. Let your doctor know how and what you are feeling when the pain occurs and for since how many days or months it is going on.
Once you find out the right cause for the pain, you can also check for other things that can help you, which can be diet changes, physical therapy or including supplements in your diet.
Check for the right supplement that suits the type of pain you are suffering from. Check with your doctor if it is fine if you try the supplement as some of the supplements even affect the medicines you are taking and indirectly your health.
Some natural supplements that can help you for different pain types
Joint and Back discomfort
- Turmeric belongs to ginger family. It controls inflammation. You can either make tea using it or take in form of capsules (1-2gms a day)
- Capsicum evolves from chili peppers. A skin cream having 0.25-0.75% capsaicin can help soothing back pain. You can apply to the area where you experience pain. Supplement pills can be helpful in case of cramps or diarrhea.
- Comfrey is useful in lower and upper back pain and trying a skin cream made of comfrey extract can give you relief from pain. You can use the cream thrice a day. Drinking comfrey tea can be helpful as comfrey can be harmful for your liver if taken by mouth.
- Boswellia can be taken from boswellia tree. It is believed that people suffering from cluster headaches got mild pain and did not get frequent headaches when taken boswellia. You can take boswellia in form of tablets or capsules.
- Butter bur and fever few are herbs that are helpful in treating migraine.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are good fats that reduce inflammation. They are helpful in back pain, stiffness, joint pain and pain that arises because of menstrual cramps.
- Experts say that foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids can be taken to add omega-3 naturally to your diet. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are fish, spinach, sprouts, Brussels, canola oil.
- Probiotics help lessen inflammation. These types of bacteria live in the gut and keep us healthy. It also helps in reduce pain and bloating and irritable bowel syndrome. Foods that you give you probiotics are kefir, kimchi, yoghurt and sauerkraut.
- Glucosamine/chondroitin. If you are suffering from osteoarthritis may it be moderate to severe, glucosamine and chondroitin can help with pain. You should check for the dosage with your doctor before you take it.
- Other natural supplements. Oil made of Avocado-soybean, fish oil, cat’s claw, ginger or gamma-linolenic acid is helpful for arthritis pain.
- For taking natural supplements you should be sure about your pain type and also how to use these natural supplements is also very important. So make sure you consult your doctor.